Stem Cell Institute
The Stem Cell Institute (SCI) is one of the world’s leading adult stem cell therapy and research centers. In close collaboration with universities and physicians worldwide, our comprehensive stem cell treatment protocols employ well-targeted combinations of allogeneic human umbilical cord stem cells and autologous bone marrow stem cells to treat diseases and conditions listed below.
Our team was assembled in 2005 to provide unbiased, scientifically-sound treatment options to patients with degenerative diseases. The organization arose from the unmet need to provide stem cell therapies that have been shown by others to meet the bar of safety in Phase I trials, but are not yet widely available because efficacy has not been proven.
Our medicine is founded on clinical use of stem cells. Since opening our doors in 2006, we have performed over 10,000 procedures. We routinely interact with colleagues in the USA and internationally who are using stem cells as part of clinical trials in order to incorporate the most recent advancements into patient care.
At the Stem Cell Institute, our mission is to be at the forefront of research of new treatment protocols for chronic diseases using adult stem cells, always according to the highest international bioethics standards, and offering, with transparency, honesty and human quality, treatments developed to improve the condition of our patients.
The characteristics of our organization which distinguish us from other stem cell treatment centers:
- Publications: We publish our treatment protocols, clinical trials, clinical observations, and theories in peer-reviewed literature. You can find all of Dr. Riordan’s articles at the NIH site: www.pubmed.com. Dr. Riordan has published a total of over 70 scientific articles, books and book chapters.
- Transparency: Our publications tell the world what we are doing and how we are doing it. We hope this will allow other doctors and scientists to further the science.
- Collaborations: We have collaborated with doctors and scientists at major universities in the US, Canada, and Costa Rica; including the University of California, San Diego, University of Utah, University of Western Ontario, University of Florida, University of Massachusetts, and the University of Costa Rica. We are in the planning stages of performing clinical trials in collaboration with New York University and the University of Miami.
- Laboratories: Our lab is fully licensed by the local government and has been inspected by several of our university collaborators.
- Doctors: Our doctors are fully licensed to practice medicine and legally perform treatments in Panama.
Promises: We do not make medical promises. We do, however, guarantee that every patient will be given honest answers to their questions and concerns and will be treated with the utmost respect. Everything in our power will be done to assist our patients and make their visit as pleasant possible.